Identifying the benefits of ISO 27018 compliance
The cloud computing is a definite boon for businesses and their human resources. Likewise, the other recognized advantages of cloud computing include the following –
- Cost saving
- Remote access
However, business growth is affected by concern about data protection and safety. Furthermore, the issue becomes more sensitive when information is strictly confidential in nature.
Using ISO 27018 compliance.
Used in relation to the ISO standards of 27001, the ISO 27018 allowscloud computing service providers to get a seal of approval. This approval process is about the overall business security. Hence, customer can identify that their data is extremely protected. This also helps them to recognize that the business does not store their data without their consent.
Major advantages of ISO 27018 compliance
Some of the major advantages of ISO 27018 for your business through GIS Consulting is –
- Inspires trust in the business
- Provides assurance to customers regarding data protection
- Helps gain competitive advantage
- Protects brand image
- Avoids risk of bad reputation due to data breach
- Reduces risk
- Controls the overall outcomes associated with the process of cloud computing
- Protects against litigations and fines
- Boosts your business
- Global business compliance
- Garners interest of international stakeholders
- Builds brand image and positioning endeavors
Taking the ISO 27018 certification endeavors
If you wish to undertake business certification endeavors using ISO 27018 compliance, then take the help of GIS Consulting. We train your staff for the compliance requirements. Further, we assist you in getting the right resources. You can use our comprehensive packages to gain an upper edge in the information, security and management process.
Do’s and don’ts of the process
Do’s of ISO 27018 compliance
- Determine if the compliance is important for you and your business
- What is its importance for customers?
- Do a cost benefit analysis
- Define PII for your business and customers
- Identify if your cloud service provider is ISO 27018 compliant
Don’ts of the process
- Don’t forget that your business is responsible for data security and privacy
- Don’t dump your cloud provider immediately
- Don’t be rash in decision making. Identify and research on the process